My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 19 October 2008

A quieter day..

Yesterday - all my troubles seemed so far away..... (tra la) Purely because the sun was shining and I was in Sheffield Park with all it's glorious colour.

Today, it's back to normal and the blue skies have been replaced with grey. However, I had decided that I would do some very long over due gardening - which, during the earlier part of the day, I did. The birds were around in the trees so I had the camera handy - just in case! And I was well rewarded with a visit from a Nuthatch which has been around for a few weeks now.

and later on, when I had collapsed indoors for a late sandwich, a Jay made one of many frequent visits to the feeders


Tasks duly completed towards the end of the day, I headed off for a saunter around Bushey Park. No deer of any description either heard or seen. The bird population was having a pre-roost preen and that, as they say, was that!

"Oh - I seem to have lost my head!"

Egyptian Goose A, "Look at me, I can stand on one leg!";
Egyptian Goose B. "Can't you see I'm busy with my ablutions?"

Greylag Goose "Don't know what all the fuss is about, we can all stand on one leg"
(raises eyes heavenwards!)

7 comments:

Lily said...

lol, love the headless goose - it's the pink legs that get me!

Tricia Ryder said...

Lily - they do look somewhat incongruous don't they!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful Jay......I never seem to be able to get a photograph of ours.....lovely to see yours.......

Goosey said...

What lovely birds you are seeing in your own garden, a Nuthatch is a real treat.The Jay too is a wonderful bird, lovely photos.

Tricia Ryder said...

Cheryl and Goosey thanks and - yes, I consider myself lucky to have such garden visitors.

Jane Adams said...

I love jays and nuthatches... great birds and lovely pictures. The jays insist on planting acorns in my lawn. Every spring I have to go round pulling up all the little oak trees! Jane

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks Jane - same here. I often have anything up to 8 Jays around in the winter and, together with the squirrels,they are planting an oak forest!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails