My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 10 April 2014

An impromptu visit to Highdown Gardens

My daughter had car problems today which prevented  her doing what she had planned; as I was in her area I popped in the we decided to go off for a walk locally.  Haven't been to Highdown Gardens for a while and, in my opinion, I think Spring is the best season there... that's not to say the other seasons aren't!!  Highdown was created in a chalk pit so all the plants/bushes etc had to be chalk tolerant.

We had a bite to eat and a cuppa in the Tea Rooms before a wander around the garden.  It wasn't overcrowded either, given it's the school holidays.

The sun shone and it got warmer as the time went on....

Thanks for your company SPD :)











































1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Great photos - looks a beautiful garden and lovely to see the Spring blossom and flowers :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails