My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 20 April 2014

Catching up.... Rye Meads, Audley & Amwell

At Rye Meads yesterday and finally saw the Garganey (male); also we were entertained by...

A couple of Canada Geese..

An obliging Little Grebe..





a Cuckoo who was perched miles away... so my first shot ever of said bird (needless to say even 'record shot' is stretching it but so pleased to have got a shot at all :)



On the previous Thursday, the visit also brought
.... a brief glimpse of a chiffchaff..


and a small tortoiseshell...


Today, an early visit to Hatfield Forest - the Great Crested Grebe is still on the nest but I never saw her partner and, in fact, it was very bird light.  The weather was dreadful.. and showery!!

So I headed off to Audley End... and the rain followed me.  However, I did manage to have a stroll :)


































I'd intended visiting the house, but after a cuppa and a sandwich for lunch (sitting in the car overlooking the lake), the queues were so long (it was raining rather heavily by now), I decided to wait for another day.

So home I thought... via Amwell... which was also very quiet.  I sat in the hide keeping dry, for a bit and these were my companions!!







Home for a cuppa!!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Tricia, your photos are absolutely magnificent! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely tour of nature.

Related Posts with Thumbnails