My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 15 March 2017

Strictly Dancing Great Crested Grebes at Warnham LNR

Not the best of days for me today although the weather was glorious!! Didn't need a coat and felt... very warm.. long may it last (it may not, however)

I headed off to Warnham LNR for a bit of 'wildlife' therapy - and it paid off.  Firstly, I heard my first Chiff Chaff of the season.. Spring is now officially here...!!

I'd seen two Great Crested Grebes but they didn't seem interested in each other..



and then I heard that 'call'; they had seen each other.. and then...







they then swam apart and dived..

coming up with weed... albeit not very much!!





Just great to watch.. would have liked them a little nearer but the light was so good.. I managed these shots!!

A Grey Heron flew

and landed

in the Woodpecker hide.. two Bank Voles darted here and there.. mostly in the shade!!


and a hungry coot on the way out... visible signs of them nesting though..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails