My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 13 March 2017

West Dean Gardens on a glorious warm sunny spring day

Got a fairly busy time over the next couple of weeks, so given today I had completely free and the sun was shining I headed off to West Dean Gardens.

During my drive there and back I saw 2 Green Woodpeckers that flew across the road in front of me; a group of 3 Buzzards and 2 individual ones; 2 individual Red Kites and a couple of fighting male Pheasants that caused me to have to stop the car as they wouldn't get out of the middle of the road.

Most of the water is now flowing again.. just some near the far end of the gardens that it hasn't quite reached yet..




I was hoping to see some lambs.. but none so far..




Sun bathing Ben, Parsley & Sage..








More sunbathing!






Water still needs to reach here...











































and finally..  drink of Sussex Apple Juice..

and an al fresco and very tasty lunch in glorious sunshine...

Having looked at the forecast.. this is not going to last... hey ho.. but a lovely day out..

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

It was lovely on Monday that's for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails