My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 2 January 2008

I've made up my mind - don't think I'm going to change it!

Was very pleased to see two Robins in my garden today; both quite content in each other's company. I put a Robin's nest box up last year and it was completely ignored! There's hope yet!

Today I went to Andrews Cameras in Teddington. Having narrowed my choice down to two lenses I wanted to try them out on my own camera.

The staff at Andrews are all very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. I was amazed at just how quickly the focusing was on both Sigma lenses compared to my present (rather old) lens.

I have now decided to buy the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro. What finally decided me was it keeps a constant f2.8 throughout the entire zoom.

So I'll be doing a check for the cheapest price and then place my order.

Hopefully when it arrives there will be some decent weather so I can get cracking!

1 comment:

The Quacks of Life said...

ooh lenses

look forward to lots of pics. don't you need another camera to avoid lens changing ? ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails