My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 4 January 2008

Today's the Day!

Dawn! Uninteresting, dull and dreary. Did dawn actually finish before dusk began today in Surrey?

The postman called at about 9.00 a.m. - then, for me, the sun shone brilliantly (metaphorically) as the postie was delivering my new lens! Hoorah.

Checked weather forecast: "mist and drizzle clearing - may brighten up later". Forever being the optimist I grabbed an early lunch and headed out at about 1.00 p.m. for Bushey Park and Hampton Court with camera, new lens and binoculars (which hung around my neck unused!)

Walking through Bushey Park I took my first pics, which weren't that impressive.

Then onto Hampton Court's Gardens. Not long ago the powers that be decided to charge for entry to the gardens (with the exception of the wild area) and, although not publicised, there is no-one there to collect the fee in the winter months.

Lots of subject material and I played around with various aperture and exposure settings; used mostly manual and Aperture Priority. I couldn't get the Depth of Field I would have liked given the dullness of the day. Can't wait for some sunshine.

So what did I think of the new lens: It is amazing and gives me the definition that my former (not so wide-angled) lens did not have. I'm delighted I made the choice of lens that I did.

And did it "clear later"? - of course not, as the pictures do tell!

AROUND THE BRIDGE on the River Thames beside Hampton Court Palace








Hampton Court Palace and Gardens













Converted to Black & White.

1 comment:

The Quacks of Life said...

uhm what aperture were you using. they seem slightly out of focus or something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails