My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Nymans Gardens and Advent.. a pleasant quick visit

The frost was really thick as I scraped the car very early this morning (this is not helping the 'I don't know how to scrape a car' pleas.....)... but the M25 et al were all behaving rather well as I left for home - great :D The sun rose as I journeyed and the sky became blue - another one of those lovely winter days..

I'd arranged to meet a friend of my today and we met up at National Trust, Nymans Gardens.  This year, as last, they have an advent event with a difference (click here for details).  Every day during Advent a new 'item' will appear - the 'creators' are all different people and groups.

We saw just a few today - it's 11th December so, so far, there would only be 11 items - we didn't see them all but we did have a guided tour of the (outside) of the house which we educative and fascinating.. I didn't realise what a recent construction it was!













Champagne bottle with cork and glasses






After our walk we had a quick lunch of toasted tea cake and hot chocolate... regrettably the soup didn't appeal today and the hot food was a bit expensive and more than I wanted as a quick snack.  A toasted sandwich or jacket potato would have been nice though...


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

What a beautiful place and I love the Advent Calendar idea and the examples you've photographed. Great shots :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails