My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 28 June 2013

A rather damp visit to Thaxted..

Up in Essex for a concert visit on Sunday.  Today it was, wet, wet, wet!!  Warm and wet to be exact.

I decided to visit Thaxted Church which was being prepared for one of a few concerts over the weekend.




















John Webb's Windmill in the far background..



This is the original Fire Station....



By now I was feeling peckish (well it WAS lunchtime) so I popped into Poppys Tea Room where I had Pate and Toast and a pot of Darjeeling with lemon... and very nice it was too... if I find myself there in an afternoon then I may be forced to indulge in one of their rather scrummy sounding cakes....

A pleasant day albeit a bit damp!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails