My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 27 May 2017

Arundel Castle - under Siege

Woke to continuous rumbling thunder as about 4.00 a.m. this morning... then the rain came...

I'd planned to go out - checked the forecast which said "brighter later".. the sun came out it was glorious

UNTIL I reached my destination - the sun went, the grey clouds came, and that was that.. a really dull grey day weatherwise

Arundel Castle was my venue today; coincidentally there was a Medieval Siege.  I didn't see much of it but the gun fire was pretty loud.

A few pics of the grounds and lovely gardens





























































Awful picture, but given it was far away, didn't have the dSLR, and it was focused through the screen not the view finder and I had to hold and operate the camera with one hand..  then... ;D




















I went up into the Keep; I was going right up to the battlements at the top but the staircase was very narrow and with no hand rail or rope and given I need another arm.. then common sense prevailed.. shame really however..












Good to be out though...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails