My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 7 May 2017

Staying local..

I had a commitment this morning so no time to get a train anywhere.

So first visit was a walk to the local fishing pond.. where, unsurprisingly, were a few fishermen.
AND the very vocal Nightingale.. I still couldn't see it in the denseness of the leaves




Marsh marigolds













Walking back.. seats for watching the cricket... none being played today though..




and then a visit to the local churchyard on my way back..





and to finish, some flowers in my garden...






I don't know what these are called.. wish I did, so if anyone can identify them for me I would be very grateful..



2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

The first one with the waxy leaves and purple flowers is Cerinthe Major (Honeywort). Bees love it. Lots at Packwood House - I bought a plant for the garden but it didn't survive :( The second one is possibly Californian Lilac?

I do hope your arm heals soon - it must be so frustrating not being able to drive etc! :(

Tricia Ryder said...

.
Thanks RR .. as soon as I saw your ID, I remembered Cerinthe - thank you. The following picture is of Ceonothus - there's several kinds of them but this is one of the darker blues...

Related Posts with Thumbnails