My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Monday 3 November 2008

It's Monday again

A pretty grey day again, sadly.

A friend of mine was to visit this morning but unfortunately he was not well enough - so both of us disappointed.

Having got the "domestic" bits out of the way, I needed some exercise. I headed off for my local patch (Bushey Park) but today I wanted to walk without being weighted down with the camera. So, off I trotted with the light-weight binocs around my neck and my compact camera in my pocket.

Started early afternoon and the light was pretty poor then. By the end of the afternoon, I was beginning to wish I'd taken a torch as well - seemed like night time by the time I was back at the car - but at least I'd stretched my legs and had some fresh air.

The deer rut seems to be over now, with the hinds and young in groups on their own. Didn't spot any stags today - all was quiet.

The usual birdie culprits around. Heard Green Woodpecker, Long tailed Tits and, I think, I Mistle Thrush - couldn't see it though.


Canada Geese, Coots, Black-headed Gulls, Mallards and Red-crested Pochards. The Grey Heron was perched on its usual "no fishing" sign.

A jackdaw surveys its world.

Around the pond



This Willow always amazes me in that, despite its spread being so great, it still grows so upright.

4 comments:

mick said...

That sounds - and looks - like a very nice walk for a grey day.

Cheryl said...

Hasn't it been so grey Tricia.....it was like night here by 2.00. I love that willow tree and the tree stump.......

oldcrow61 said...

What a lovely walk. I love that tree stump.

Tricia Ryder said...

Mick- yes it's good and great to have it so near.

Cheryl - I agree, it was as though day never dawned!


OC - The tree stump is great and has been there for a very long time; it's become a favourite bird perch too.

Ladies - apologies for the lateness of my response.

Related Posts with Thumbnails