My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Birds and a cathedral in Arundel

I'd heard that there was a Glossy Ibis and Great White Egret seen at WWT Arundel yesterday.  I awoke to rain (at 4.30 a.m.!!) and it eased a bit.  So I headed off to Arundel.  Needless to say neither bird had been seen that morning and still hadn't been by the time I left.

The light and weather were dreadful so not many pics.














Saw a few Lon-tailed Tits... would they face the camera?  nooooo

And purely a record shot in any stretch of the imagination but a records of the first Chiff Chaff I saw and heard this season (I'd heard one a couple of days ago but....)


The rain started in earnest so I headed off.  On the way out through Arundel I found a parking spot adjacent to Arundel Cathedral - the Cathedral of Our Lady and St. Phillip Howard.  As I'd never been in it I decided today was the day for a visit.  It is rather beautiful in a quiet way.  After the highly decorated churches I'd recently discovered in Rome, Arundel was quietness indeed!





The Cathedral is at the top of a hill with Arundel Castle within a few hundred yards.






















A carved wooden William Howard











Needless to say as I create this post, it's stopped raining and the sky has lightened considerably!! Such is UK weather... but at least it's a tad warmer today :D

1 comment:

The Wessex Reiver said...

Just love the rabbit/hare/green mammaly thing....... I like stuff like that

Related Posts with Thumbnails