My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 12 April 2013

First Swallows of spring...

I was shopping with Mum this morning and, after dropping the goods at her home, we went off to the garden centre for some lunch.  On the way back, we had a slight detour via Patching (West Sussex).

Patching Pond seems to attract a pair of nesting Great Crested Grebes each year.  Having seen one a few weeks ago, I wanted to revisit and, yes, there she was sitting on her nest.  Didn't see the other one but you can only view the 'pond' from the layby as it (the pond) is privately owned.

From there we drove up towards the church but .... stops car.. and yes!! four Swallows up high on the telegraph wires.

Needless to say it was grey, dull and raining!  I managed a few shots from the car and when the rain eased I got out.  Not much improvement - dreadful lighting and shooting again the sky... but record shots of my first swallows of  2013 when I wasn't even looking for them :)

All taken with Panasonic G5 with 45-150  lens f4-5.6
(now if I'd had the Pansonic 100-300 mm lens today,.... :)  )

A few records shots...









5 comments:

Mark Walters said...

Get a bigger handbag Tricia and pack that longer lens! :)

Tricia Ryder said...

Mark - don't use handbags for camera gear... and I've only just ordered the lens... :D

Eagleseagles said...

Lovely! Spring is here......

Tricia Ryder said...

C - I do hope so!!

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely to see some swallows - great sign of Spring :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails