My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 18 January 2019

Birds with Snow Bunting..

I was on my way elsewhere this morning, when I made a diversion via Goring Gap.  I'd heard (thanks to Nick Bond) of the Snow bunting.. so, as I had the camera etc. in the car, so I stopped.  It was really cold in a biting wind but...

Got lucky, the tide was in and on the field were Ringed Plovers, Dunlin and two Skylarks... also various gulls.

Ringed Plovers... several of them about


Skylark


Dunlins

and the Snow Bunting.  It seem totally unfazed by passers by and those of us with cameras.  It was there for a good half an hour after I arrived and had been there some time earlier.  Only flew when a dog chased it!! and said dog completely unchecked by its owner.
















1 comment:

Roy Norris said...

Some great shots of the Snow Bunting Tricia.

Related Posts with Thumbnails