My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 8 November 2015

Remembrance Sunday 2015


In November of last year (2014).... I was taking pictures of all the ceramic poppies at the Tower of London.

 I went on to purchase one as a symbol and a huge thank you to all those who gave their lives, in any war,  that we may lead the lives we do today.

My father, who came over with the Canadian forces, was killed in action when I was 9 months old.
It is my dearest wish that I had known him .... 

Two months ago in August 2015, his wife, my mother died at the age of 96
I believe she never stopped loving him -
I miss her so much

So this year.... poignant memories on both counts..
So many lives were changed by this senseless act of war .. and all wars before and since.

My heartfelt thanks to all that have given their lives the circumstances of war
'thank you' ... the words never seem enough





2 comments:

Wilma said...

Tricia - my thoughts are with you.

Tricia Ryder said...

Thank you Wilma....... your comment much appreciated

Related Posts with Thumbnails