My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 29 November 2015

Pulborough Brooks, Widewater Lagoon and Warnham LNR

I went off the the grey murk today to try for the Dartford Warbler that's been seen at Pulborough..

Well if it was there I didn't see it but it was very very windy

Lots of teal about






Didn't stay long as wasn't very happy walking through the wooded area so I headed off for Widewater to see if the Red Breasted Mergansers were there ....

Just as I was looking for them.. I noticed this lone Brent Goose...  The wind was so strong coming off the sea I couldn't hold the camera still.

I was holding on to a pole to get even this record shot!!  and bad light didn't help either


and there were three RB Mergansers, 2 male and 1 female.  I'd driven further along the lagoon... they were quite away and near the far side, but I took these through the car window so I could hold the camera still!!



and finally, off to Warnham to see if I could spot the Redpolls.. there's been 3 sited now.

I managed one... on the feeders
(Not sure if it's Common or Lesser)..



Ah well..... grabbed a sandwich and then home... wind's still fierce but it did stay relatively dry!!

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Great shots! I like the goose and you know, I've never ever seen a teal. How rubbish a birder am I?

Related Posts with Thumbnails