My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Widewater Lagoon - just to check....

I finally managed to get to the shops I needed to today... car park was virtually empty at the time I arrived!  Food shopping done but other items I needed - no luck at all.

It had been grey for most of the morning ... I decided to have another look for Goosanders at Widewater Lagoon... none to be seen.

All the same suspects from yesterday...


Got a couple of shots of a Little Egret looking for food

Can't really tell whether it found food or weed...

Some of the resident family of Mute Swans ...


I walked along the beach... the tide was in and I was hoping for some bird activity.. but nothing about.  It was very windy and the sky was very grey.

Just stood for some time watching and photographing the waves crashing against the rocks..
(Pictures are actually in colour... despite looking like black and white) !!











and finally wandered back along the lagoon...




1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Goosander tend to be after christmas around here, I've noticed

Related Posts with Thumbnails