My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 14 January 2016

A Concert in London

Left home in brilliant sunshine for a concert at LSO St Lukes.. and caught an earlier train.

Walked across London Bridge to Pret where Pete was waiting...



and off we went for a walk... it had been raining but had stopped by the time I got to London

The top of the Paternoster Monument 









  Sleepy pigeon despsite the cold.










Santander bikes - in competition with the usual Barclays bikes














Had lunch and off to St Lukes.

The concert was Iestyn Davies - counter tenor - accompanied by Elizabeth Kenny on the lute and theorbo - both were excellent - the lute is a very gentle and melodic instrument and Iestyn's counter-tenor voice is beautiful.

The programme was..

Hark, hark the lark
Where the bee sucks
Full Fathom five
Galliard
O MIstress mine
If music be the food of love
When that I was and a little tiny boy
Fortune
Orpheus with his Lute
Tom of Bedlam
A poor soul sat sighing
The Willow Song
It was a lover and his lasse
John come kiss me now
Arise ye subterranean winds
Come unto these yellow sands
Full fathom five
My dear, my Amphitrite
Farewell , dear love

There was a encore which I believe was Can she excuse my songs - but if I'm wrong.. my apologies

A lovely day all round






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails