My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 6 January 2016

WWT Arundel... with sunshine for 20 mins!

I headed off for Polesden Lacey this morning.  I'd awoken to fog but forecast said it would clear.  It did... but the further north I got the more it reappeared and thicker it got.  Blow this for a game of soldiers, I thought, so Plan B, and went off to WWT Arundel...

The mist cleared and the sun came out...

Collection birds..









Around by the feeders, all the usual culprits and then a Nuthatch dropped by..




The lichen looking very pretty along the board walk..


I took this pic of the Cormorant and Lapwing against the sun; I was going to deleted it but thought it wasn't that bad after all... you, dear reader, may of course have a different view!!

Had a bowl of soup before leaving, and watched this Grey Wagtail.  Pics taken through a window so not the best


and while eating, I also saw 3 male Bullfinches on the far side.. great stuff :D

and around the reserve in the sun.... which only last about 20-30 minutes.. but it was great to have it..









and drove home with grey skies.. but hey... not too bad a trip out.. and the other highlight was seeing 2 Goldcrests.. nice !!..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails