My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 4 June 2017

A Sunday stroll in the Bishop's Palace Gardens..

Where to today?  It was cool but sunny and I needed some exercise as usual.

So off on the train to Chichester.. and first stop for some breakfast.  I found a new cafe in a remarkable building... Scrambled Eggs on toast and a coffee .. very nice..




and then off for a wander around town and the Cathedral


and I was rewarded with, not only views of (possibly) the male Peregrine Falcon but I managed a very poor pic using my camera through the RSPB's scope!!  I think I need more practice but it gives some idea of what I saw...  He was on the right-hand turret of the spire.. and that's where the nest of 4 chicks is..




and then into the Bishop's Palace Gardens.. amazing colour everywhere...








I'd bought a sandwich and a drink for lunch.. and Fido joined my for a picnic..



as did this very tame Robin




Peonies in full  bloom...



















Lovely day out in brilliant sunshine... mostly...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails