My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 1 June 2017

And at least.. A visit to a Winkworth Arboretum. with someone special

Today in terms of weather is glorious!!!  Started very misty - the mist cleared with wall to wall sunshine, blue skies and warmth.

Had an early appointment which "meant" and early breakfast ... very nice.


Then a brief food shop before getting the bus back home where my daughter was waiting for me.

So where to on our day out?  We decided on Winkworth Arboretum... somewhere I love and somewhere my daughter hadn't been.  And off we went...

By the time we arrived it was lunchtime so an excellent (as usual for Winkworth) scone for us both



Then off for a walk:


This I think is a male Beautiful Demoiselle although there were some Banded Demoiselles about as well
  and a female...





These two little houses always intrigue me..


Frank tried this one out for size.. but thought it was a bit small

Then he tried the other one .. it was a bit of a struggle..

BUT he had help from my daughter; Frank said she is very pretty and he's a little bit in love...



Two of tree ducklings












Fantastic day out; and as ever, thank you to my daughter for driving me and being there for me xx

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Beautiful place on a beautiful day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails