My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 23 June 2017

Dorchester - a brief visit

Today I came back from the coach tour of Cornwall and our stop was at Dorchester.  However given horrendous delays en route due to traffic in road works.. we had just over an hour.

So a quick walk down through the town... until I noticed saying 'River Walk' - 3 minutes from here





So a very quick walk along the river.. much more to explore but no time!!















 and thats it for today folks .. it's getting late!!

2 comments:

Roy Norris said...

I have done that River Walk a few times Tricia. There is also a nice walk leading off into the fields as well from that. Just up the road from the church you shot is the old court house where the Tolpuddle Martyrs were tried. The last building on your photos is a Military Museum. Devon and Dorset Regiment. Very interesting to look around. Its a shame you didn't have more time as there is quite a bit to see in Dorchester, a lot of history.
My Gran lived most of her life in Dorchester.

Tricia Ryder said...

Thanks for all the info Roy.. I definitely intend to go back when I'm more in control of where I visit. Dorchester seems to have a great deal to offer.. next time I hope to get to know it better

Related Posts with Thumbnails