My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Saturday 27 October 2018

West Dean Gardens dressed for Autumn

Brrr.. at 03.00 a.m. this morning, the moonlight was amazing.  I could see the surrounding houses quite clearly.  At light dawned, the frost became apparent.  And as I left to go out later, the car told me it was 3 degrees.  Which is a bit of a shock given the temperatures yesterday of about 19!!.

However I went off to West Dean Gardens where the temperature rose to about 11 degrees but the sun was glorious!!







































the Pheasant took off in flight over the seat!



The squirrel was in heavy shade, so heavily edited pic..









 I've no idea how many sheep are at West Dean, but must run into hundreds.  Always a delight to see










The whole building is covered in scaffolding.. I understand this is for roof repairs.









Lunch..

a rather tasty scone

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

So bright! Today was so grim here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails