My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 4 October 2018

Seven Sisters for a wander..

I left home in thick mist this morning which prevailed until I got to my destination, where there was even some sunshine!

I met my very good friend today and we had a wander in the Seven Sisters Country Park at Cuckmere Haven.  We walked along by the Cuckmere River mostly.  Didn't walk far but it was great to to wander and just take in the views and the bird songs..  and despite this not being a birding type walk.. we managed the following..

2 Little Egrets
3 Kestrels
1 Little Grebe
1 Grey Heron
Many house Sparrows
Heard Long-tailed Tits
Huge flocks of Canada Geese
and
1 Kingfisher!!.. First time I've seen a kingfisher here.

The light was awful.. so just a few pics only.. well, we were chatting a lot :)





Large flocks of Sheep (in the background)


 Record shot only..

I'm pretty sure this is Hawthorn?  But if any of my readers know differently?

We ended up, rather late, at a local pub... not the wisest of choices.. next time somewhere different.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails