My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Sovereign Harbour - where I found the sun

I went to see a very good friend today after a rather late start.  I left in grey skies and drizzle and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived in sunshine.

After a coffee we headed off to Sovereign Harbour in Eastbourne for a wander.  The sun was a great surprise  and glorious .. couldn't believe it was mid October.

Albeit I wasn't there to do any birding, managed
Grey Heron
Turnstones
Cormorants (and possibly shags?)
Little Egrets
Numerous Gulls
Plovers AND
a seal!!


















































After a rather disappointing ciabatta when then headed back.. beautiful weather in excellent company.

1 comment:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

I love the stripey boat and the cormorant on the roof

Related Posts with Thumbnails