My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy 2009

Well where did the last 12 months go? I'm not sure but wherever it went, it went far too quickly.

On a personal level, I've really enjoyed most of 2008. I've had the pleasure and privilege of looking after my grandson and seeing him develop into quite a charmer as he now starts on the secondary element of his education!

I've been proud to stand quietly in the wings whilst my daughter has qualified as a Midwife - not easy with all her other responsibilities!

My son and daughter-in-law have celebrated their 2nd wedding anniversary and I've seen my son grow as a family man.

My young nephew reached his 18th birthday and remains, as ever, a charming, caring, personable and intelligent young man. And my brother can feel very proud, as his father, in doing such a great job of bringing him up from babyhood.

My Mum - still a great mum and my role model.

I continue to enjoy the close friendships of long-term and newer friends - thanks for being there :D

I've thoroughly enjoyed my passion for wildlife and photography (and look forward to improving) and learned a lot from close friends - thanks guys!

And away from family - generally it's been a year of ups and downs but I've made a number of new friends through blogging - there's a great community of like-minded people from all four corners of the world (can you have corners on a globe?) And I thank you for presenting such good and interesting blogs of your own; blogs from which I get great enjoyment.

I would like to believe that there's is more global awareness of wildlife and the conservation and preservation of our planet and its occupants. I always hope that more can be done.

So what will 2009 bring?

Most significantly, my mother will be 90 early on in the new year, and we will be celebrating that event. As part of a great surprise for her, she will have a secret visitor from Australia and someone she's been wanting to see for a while, whilst never dreaming that he would be coming "up and over"! Her visitor is my step-father's cousin's son (Mum's nephew); so for sake of conversation - he's my cousin! And I'm really looking forward to being reunited with him after a gap of about 38ish years! Can't wait!!

And that's where I will leave it for 2008 and as we start 2009
I hope all your dreams are fulfilled

(Please turn up the volume, and click on the greeting below)
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Tricia

Happy New Year to you too!!

We were sent the Jacquie Lawson card from a friend, it is very clever how you have put the link on your blog.As you wll see from my blog I have added a link about the Vienna concert.

If we don't meet you at Kew Gardens today, hopefully we will some time during 2009!!

My poor son was standing in Regent Street last night on duty as a Police Officer for 10 hours!!! I hope he has got his heating fixed as it broke on Christmas Day. Don't like to phone him as I am sure he is having a bath to warm up or tucked up in a warm bed!!!

It doesn't seem so frosty here this morning, thank goodness.

Jackie.
http://jackieslifeinsurrey-1.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Tricia, all the best for 2009.

Paul.

The Wessex Reiver said...

All the best Tricia, looking forward to more bloging gems from you this year. Happy New Year. BR -ps I hope that cape teal isn't being included :-)

Liz said...

Happy New Year Tricia, I hope you have a lovely 2009!

I've had a lot of ups and downs over the past year, and if someone had said a year ago where I'd be now I would've likely laughed at them!

Tricia Ryder said...

Jackie - good to meet you and Phil today.

Paul - I've now linked from me to you.

BR - include the Cape Teal erm erm erm.... noooo

LIz - it's amazing what happens in a year!

Anonymous said...

Good to meet you too Tricia. Hope you enjoyed your time in Kew Gardens? Did you take many photographs, I am just about to look at mine so some may be on tomorrows blog? Jackie.

Tricia Ryder said...

Jackie - just downloaded them. So might be on blog later today or tomorrow. It was a good day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you... and a happy 2009 to you. :-)

oldcrow61 said...

Happy New Year Tricia. It's been a pleasure knowing you and looking at your wonderful pictures.

Tricia Ryder said...

Likewise OC - so here's to another year of our pictures, knowledge and chat :

Nice to see you here Diddums :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails