My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 23 January 2009

Rain, Sun and Sea

Today the rain lashed down. Some of us were quite bedraggled:


I set off for Sussex - and the roads were flooded in many places. In fact, there were lakes where I'd never seen lakes before.

But, by lunchtime - the rain stopped - the clouds parted - the sun came out - the tide started to go out. Errands run and chauffeuring duties undertaken, lunch at a favourite spot... and the sea sparkled.

The tide went out...and gulls everywhere!

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hmmmm take in that fresh air...lovely.

We have had torrential rain here....my garden has turned into a lake at the moment....I am hoping we will have a quiet spell and allow it to flow to the ditches......

mick said...

Great photos of the sea. I especially like the way you have caught the light glinting off the rocks in the first photo of the sea.

Steve Gale said...

I know this area very well Tricia. My Mother-in-Law used to live at East Preston, so I used to scour the beach from Tamarisk Way all the way down to Ferring Rife and the Lemon Tree (now Bluebird) Cafe.

Tricia Ryder said...

Steve - it's such a small world. My mother (who lives near Worthing) had a life-long friend who, up until recently, lived in Tamarisk Way!!

The Bluebird Cafe is another favourite - a close 2nd after Sea Lane I(or the 8-day) Cafe.

Anonymous said...

Love the sky/beach shots Tricia.Poor little Blue tit, looks so fed up!


paul.

Tricia Ryder said...

Mick - thanks. I hadn't planned on being near the beach today; was on the offchance. BUT, it would be an oversight if I didn't have my camera in the car when visiting my mother in W. Sussex!

Paul - thank you. The Blue Tit sat there for a while just looking around and very bedraggled - poor little mite!

Tricia Ryder said...

Cheryl - hope the water leaves you - quickly!!

FAB said...

Great photos Tricia, that new camera is working well.
You certainly had better weather than most of us.

oldcrow61 said...

I love the first picture of the blue tit. So sweet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails