My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Friday 30 October 2015

Slindon Village Pumpkins and WWT Arundel

On the spur of the moment I decided to pop over to Slindon Village - quite a large amount of which is in the hands of the National Trust

The appeal today was to see the Pumpkins before most of them were sold for Halloween this weekend...   The displays first started in 1968 and are quite amazing.

Walking through the village I found this chappie outside someone's front door


Pumpkins..

and this year's display celebrating the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI)








That done, I headed off further through the village and had a scone and a coffee for lunch at Slindon Forge Stores and Cafe.. and also bought some locally made artisan cheese... Levin Down ...  produced by the Goodwood Home Farm - which I shall sample in due course..

As WWT Arundel was close by I headed off there for a wander before some food shopping and getting back home... I saw the sun - for about 5 minutes.. but wet and cloudy for most of the day.



























No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails