My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 13 November 2016

Spur of the moment - Bushy Park and Claremont Gardens

Plan A - I was headed for Polesden Lacey .. but on the spur of the moment I took a different exit from a roundabout.. decided to go to Bushy Park

Was lucky to get parked... First birds seen?  My old friend Ring-necked Parakeets..




A very young Grey Heron.... was being fed bread with al the other birds







Red Crested Pochards

























and I then went on to Claremont Gardens for a bit to eat.. excellent scone as always












and the home....

2 comments:

Simon Douglas Thompson said...

Great shots! Looks like the ornamental birds like that place. I'd die if I ever saw one of those parakeets

Tricia Ryder said...

Simon - I used to live about 2 miles from Bushy Park. About 1 mile from me there was a Parakeet roost of in excess of 4,000 Parakeets. I had them in my garden daily. the most as any one time, was 36.

If you copy and paste these links... all taken in my garden a few years ago

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v-2vGW_-ju8/SMDoKuCnWvI/AAAAAAAAD30/6-SiyQ07RHY/s1600-h/01++04.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_v-2vGW_-ju8/SMDoLPPFUOI/AAAAAAAAD4E/SEyJZjzxJ90/s1600-h/01++01.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_v-2vGW_-ju8/SMDoK_G8MWI/AAAAAAAAD38/SDiFK0HlcKU/s1600-h/01++03.jpg


Related Posts with Thumbnails