My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Tuesday 1 August 2017

A new venue ... Sumner Ponds

I'd seen reference to a cafe on a lake in my general area.  So as I was out food shopping today I decided to have a detour.

As walked to my car in the multi-story car park after town shopping, I heard this Goldfinch calling... it was getting quite desperate..





The area of lakes is, in fact, a camp site and the lakes being fishing lakes. The tents were enormous and various other types of accommodation were there.. some caravan style, others more cabins.. Generally it was an attractive site and despite the number of people in the cafe, the camp site was quiet and attractively laid out.  Lots of space.

I had a cuppa and then walked around the larger of the first two lakes..












This was the smaller lake..

There are another two lakes there and I shall go back at some point to find them.  Needless to say it was very busy.. it is the school holidays after all... but as the camp site is open all year.. time to explore another time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails