My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Nymans Gardens... magnificent Magolias and wonderful colour

Was busy this a.m. with boring stuff, but by lunchtime I got over to Nymans Gardens.  I was hungry and broke my very new rule which is: not to have scones during the week as my waistline is expanding too much  :D

However, the sun was shining and it was wonderfully warm... more like summer today than April!!

So I had a fruit scone... Nymans scones are always good but today's was excellent 5 stars at least :D


and then a walk around the gardens..








Gunnera starting to sprout after its winter rest time..




























I went up to the new view point which is now accessible........

and great views of some of the garden from the top!










A very distant shot of the opposite hill... and magnolias and rhododendrons in flower there too..



A jackdaw strutting its stuff..






Soon the threat of frost will pass and all will be revealed..



Wasn't there for long but a great visit in some wonderful weather... :)
Nymans is iteresting at all times of the year, but Spring is definitely my favourite time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails