My blog is mostly about wildlife, particularly birds, walking, days out, all growing things and anything else that comes to mind.
To view pictures in larger format, just click on any picture for the picture gallery....

Sunday 29 June 2008

Phew!

After a very pleasant day out yesterday, I was out for a meal in the evening with my son, daughter, grandson and my son and daughter's step-brother and his wife. This was to celebrate four birthdays that will have taken place all within the same two week period. June is like December in my family!!

Today I had time to myself so managed to spend the day gardening. I can't believe in the week I've been away just how much everything has grown!

Down by the water fountain, there was I down on my hands and knees weeding, when a tiny froglet emerged from the wet stones about two inches from my nose! I think I was more startled than the froglet - lovely to see it though.

Managed to get a great deal done today - haven't cut the grass yet (machete on order!) so that still needs to be done, amongst other things.

At the end of the day, I had a shower, a meal (and a small glass of the red stuff) and here I am talking to you - I hope this all makes sense LOL!

A simple day, but one which was so satisfying in the company of the birds and wildlife in the sunny garden and one which, following a good day yesterday, did wonders for my temper :)

2 comments:

Goosey said...

That sounds like a perfect day to me, to have the time to be with family and a bit of gardening too.BW Goosey

Linda Yarrow said...

I am always amazed when I come home after being away for a week at how much the garden has grown and sprouted during the week. Always a pleasure to see and then I see that the grass has grown as well which then means lawn mowing (not my favourite job).

Related Posts with Thumbnails